Saturday, March 19, 2011

*Review* redstarINK - paper goods: simple, bold, modern, eco-friendly (4.5)

Etsy Shop redstarINK - Designer Marcie Hicks (San Diego, CA)

I first shopped with redstarINK in September 2010 when I bought Marcie's DIY calendar in brown and blue, pictured below (it's also available in black and red). I am a HUGE lover of all things organizing-related - The Container Store is extremely dangerous for me and I try to stay clear as much as possible - so when I stumbled across her Shop I felt like I'd stumbled into heaven!

All of the items are eco-friendly and I love the simplicity of her designs. Everything is clean and bold and simple - just great! Shop categories: calendars, journals, notebooks, photo album, prints, box of notes, single notes, tiny notes, wine tags, SALE.

Info from her profile and website: Marcie is a graphic designer and artist. She designs, prints, and puts together all of the products herself. Everything is handmade and she uses as much recycled materials as possible. Items listed are usually ready to ship.

Review


What I Bought
As mentioned above, I bought the DIY calendar in brown and blue. Item arrived quickly after purchase. What I love about this is that it is not time specific, so the weeks/dates are not numbered and you fill in that info yourself. The two page spread shows a box for every day of the week with 14 lines, each with a circle at the beginning so that you can check off items as you go. There is also a blank, unlined "Notes" box in the upper right-hand corner of each week. Click on the photos to see more pictures. I emailed Marcie with a suggestion for her next calendars and she replied promptly and positively.

Phone pic of my own REDSTAR ink
DIY calendar (well-used!)
+ PROS + wonderful product, great quality, very good finishing, professional-looking, shipped quickly, great customer service

-- CONS -- only con was the price, which for me (on an AmeriCorps VISTA stipend) was pretty steep: $29.25 including shipping - lasts a long time, so evens out, but is all printed from template and compared to some other calendars it is pricey

= VERDICT = Will definitely buy from again (including this product)! The entire buying experience was a positive one and I continue to use the item daily. Items that I'm in love with and am considering buying in the future: new left brain / right brain notebook, orders notebook, DIY bills calendar or 2011 bills calendar, set of 8 greetings from ____ cards (different cities and states), list notebook, long list notebook, SALE eco notebook (many of these items are pictured below - check them out!).

Items: eco-friendly paper goods - notebooks, calendars, cards, tags
Price Range: $4, $8, $12, $15-$30

Opened: July 27, 2009
Items for Sale: 88
Total Sales: 881
Feedback: 100% positive (479 positive, 1 neutral, no negative)

Links:
* REDSTARink - Etsy Shop
* Marcie - Etsy Profile
* Professional website
* Video - very cool video on her website showing a notebook being put together
* REDSTAR ink blog
* Facebook Page
* @redstarink - Twitter

Images from Etsy Shop redstarINK





NOTE: I purchased the item reviewed and am expressing my own uninfluenced opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment