Tuesday, April 26, 2011

*Review* Eye Depuffer from Erzulie Cosmetics (5 stars)

ErzulieCosmetics.Etsy.com - All Natural Mineral Cosmetics and Holistic Skincare (New England, United States)

Photo Credit: Erzulie Cosmetics
Product: "Eye Depuffer Balm Soothe (TM) All Natural Helps Puffy Eyes and Dark Circles Proven Highly Effective"
Order Date: January 31, 2011
My Total: $5.00 + $2.00 s&h

I have always had a problem with under-eye puffiness and shadows - my high school roommate used to tell me my "bags had bags." I have been on the lookout for different solutions for years and what I tried either didn't work or I didn't have the patience for - masks, lotions, cucumber slices, etc.

When I was full-on into my Etsy craze, I realized this was the perfect place to look for what might finally be the solution to my puffiness and dark circles! Imagine my surprise when my search yielded almost no results (still true) - search for anything on Etsy and you usually have to slowly wade through the massive number of products you're given, but that was not the case here.

When looking for a specific item, I like to find all the results that appeal to me and then methodically cancel them out until I'm down till one. This time, the choice was pretty much made for me. There were three sellers who had eye depuffers and while the photos for the other two were nicer - and therefore attracted me more - I'll admit that one of the main reasons I decided to try Erzulie first was because hers was significantly cheaper than the competition's.

Applying my depuffer balm!
Verdict

It works! That is, of course, as it should be, but so many times products like these do not work as advertised, so it was a wonderfully nice surprise.

I noticed a definite visible reduction in puffiness within ~6 weeks of regular application and now use it every night before I go to sleep. It also lessens the shadows under my eyes, but I would say that was secondary - does not have any color in it so there is no masking or covering up that goes on; I think the lessening of shadows is more of a side effect from the reduced puffiness.

For those people who wear makeup often (I do only about once every other month), they should stick to applying it before bed at night. I used this once in the morning and followed with an under-eye cover-up - it ended up looking odd and not drying smoothly, looking a little grainy/spotty.

+ PROS + works wonderfully: reduces puffiness, slightly reduces dark circles / shadows; has a lovely scent that is very calming and soothing as you go to sleep; easy to apply; very affordable and lasts a long time; great during the day for a refreshing pick-me up

-- CONS -- don't use with under-eye makeup

= BOTTOM LINE = Would recommend to everyone. When mine runs out I'll be buying another!

Shop Information

Opened: September 15, 2008
Items Currently for Sale: 311
Total Sales: 6,191
Feedback: 4,325 - 100% positive (4,277 positive, 44 neutral, 4 negative)

Links:
* ErzulieCosmetics - Etsy Shop
* Progress in Health and Erzulie - website
* Blog
* Facebook Page
* @naturalcosmetic - Twitter
* progressinhealth Channel - YouTube


NOTE: I purchased the item reviewed myself and am expressing my own uninfluenced opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment