Monday, November 21, 2011

*Review* Pendant Necklaces from Handy Maiden (4.5 stars)

HandyMaiden.Etsy.com - hand-painted miniature sculptures and collectibles (San Diego, California)

Little owl pendant necklace
Product: "Little owl pendant necklace"
Order Date: August 15, 2011
My Total: $30.00 + $5.00 s&h
Discount: $28.00 Heartsy voucher
Artist: Danielle Pedersen

I first learned about the Handy Maiden shop through the Heartsy giveaway. I absolutely love the miniature pendants and had a hard time choosing which one I wanted to buy. I've been trying to not load up on things that have no functional use, so decided to go the wearable art route and choose one of the pendant necklaces.

There is a great amount of detail in each of the sculptures and collectibles and I can only marvel at how the artist, Danielle Pedersen, is able to do it without shaking and smudging anything. She has a wide variety of items that she offers in her Shop: miniature animal sculptures, brooches, chalkboard zoo series (adorable and very funny! see below on the left), earrings, necklaces, and more.

Verdict
Woodland wedding cake toppers - foxes, $160 + free s&h

The pendant looks just as it did in the photos - better, actually! - and arrived very quickly: I ordered it on a Monday and received it on the Saturday. It arrived very securely and safely packaged. I had asked for the chain to be shortened and it was.

+ PROS + Even prettier and more delicate-looking than in the photos. Owl pendant always faces the right way and doesn't twist around as you wear it. Very comfortable to wear, not at all heavy.

-- CONS -- Chain does turn as you wear it, so am always having to check where the clasp is and move it back so it's hidden. The price.

= BOTTOM LINE = I love the necklace and am very happy with my purchase. I wish that the pendant had been attached to a link in the chain so it didn't always twist around though; always an annoyance that I try and avoid when I purchase necklaces. It is a little pricey and I wouldn't have been able to afford it without a Heartsy voucher, however the price is fair given the quality and intricacy of the work.

Chalkboard pig figurine, $15.00 + free s&h
Shop Information

Opened: June 30, 2009
Items currently for sale: 64
Total sales: 518
Feedback: 487, 100% positive (487 positive, 0 neutral, 0 negative)

Links:
* HandyMaiden - Etsy Shop
* @HandyMaiden - Twitter
* Danielle Pedersen - Etsy Profile

NOTE: I purchased the item reviewed and am expressing my own uninfluenced opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment