Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Quick Pick: 2012 Pit Bull Calendar Benefiting Animal Rescues

The Unexpected Pit Bull 2012 Calendar

Price: $18.99
(price per calendar decreases the more you buy)

Recommendation: Great holiday present for any dog-lover in your life! They'll enjoy the beautiful photos and you'll know that the gift you purchased benefits animals in need.

The Unexpected Pit Bull Calendar 2012, $18.99
I don't think I've done any dog-related posts yet, which I'm kind of amazed by, since I'm obsessed with my pit bull, Caramel (photo below). You know those parents who think their child is the most amazing being in the world just for breathing and carry around photos that they always want to show to people the minute the subject comes up? ... Yeah, that's me. But with my dog. *blush*

I started fostering for the Baltimore-based pit bull rescue Adopt a Homeless Animal Rescue in June 2006 and have be absolutely in love with the breed ever since.

There are a lot of great organizations that work to reduce the stigma surrounding pit bulls and try to show people how wonderful these dogs are. I didn't previously know about The Unexpected Pit Bull, but saw a post on Facebook advertising their 2012 calendar and had to find out more (I mean, come on - look at that face on the cover! How could anyone not click?!).

The organization revolves purely around putting out a new calendar edition every year in order to raise money for animal rescues. I'm very familiar with the first one, since they're at the forefront of pit bull advocacy, but was not as familiar with the others:
My adorable pit bull Caramel - cutest dog in the world!
"Dogs Can Smile Too," $10.00-$16.00 + $2.00 s&h
  • BAD RAP (Oakland, California) - Securing the future of the American Pit Bull Terrier as a cherished family companion
  • Best Friends (Kanab, Utah) - Pit Bulls: Saving America's Dog Campaign
  • Out of the Pits (Albany, New York) - Showcasing the true nature of the Pit Bull and its ability to perform as a therapy, sport, and working dog
  • PSPCA (Pennsylvania) - Pennsylvania Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
  • Safe Humane Chicago (Chicago, Illinois) - Court Case Dog Program
Starting with this calendar, the organization is partnering with HeARTs Speak, a nonprofit made up of artists from around the world who are working to improve the lives of animals in need. Their photographs are the ones featured in this year's calendar and from those previewed on the site, I have to say these artists are obviously extremely talented!!

A great find and one that was automatically added to my wishlist.
"Honey," featured in The Unexpected Pit Bull's 2012 Calendar, $18.99
Pre-order today The Unexpected Pit Bull's 2012 Calendar, $18.99

Images come from The Unexpected Pit Bull and my Etsy Shop Eleventh Muse

No comments:

Post a Comment